2 Great Products that Moisturize, Protect and Repair
My approach to skincare has become as minimalist as my lifestyle. I believe the less I put on my skin the better. I believe products with less ingredients are better than those with a long list of chemicals that you don't even know what they are. And just as I believe it is better to put organic ingredients in my body I think it is also better to put organic ingredients on my body.
I no longer use products because I'm told by sales people, magazine articles, etc. that this is what I should be using, or in hopes the product will produce some miracle that it is promising. Instead, I use products to treat issues and I look for products with the purest ingredients. For example, even at 61 my face is not dry so I don't need to be using moisturizer daily like most recommendations say everyone should be doing. If I have a problem area, or if something is botheriing me, then I try to address those issues.
Two issues that I have right now...
- Thinning crepey skin on my neck.
- Dryness and wrinkliing by my eyes
I tried these two products over this past month to treat these issues...
- Gypsy Secrets Amazonian Super C Repair Balm.
- Gypsy Secrets Persian Renew Eye Cream
I started using the Amazonian Repair Balm on my neck and decolletage at bedtime. I was surprised at how quickly I saw a difference in my skin. It definitely softened the skin and diminished the appearance of crepiness. I like how it takes a while for it to be absorbed fully into the skin. I believe this provides deeper moisturization. The ingredient list, which I have at the end of this post, is an impressive list of butters, fuit extracts, and oils. Honestly, I was considering looking into some type of laser treatment to help increase collagen in this area, but I am so happy with the results I am getting with this balm that I don't feel the need for a more agressive treatment at this time.
The Persian Renew Eye Cream I use when the area around my eyes is looking a little too dry, or when I am going out at night and want this area to look hydrated, softer, and a little plumper. The crow's feet around my eyes are starting to get more wrinkled and the wrinkles are getting deeper. This cream definitely softens this area, reduces the appearance of the lines, and gives my skin a smoother appearance.
I was very impressed with both of these products. First, with the selection and quality of ingredients, and secondly, with the overall results and how it improves my skin's texture. When researching the ingredients I was really impressed with the many benefits all of them provided. I wasn't able to include all the benefits of the ingredients in this one post, and you may not have the time to read the ingredient lists below, so to summarize some of the benefits...
- High in vitamins and powerful antioxidents.
- Repairs skin damage.
- Promotes moisture retention.
- Improves elasticity and firmness.
- Increases brightness.
- Anti-inflamatory and anti-bacterial.
This is the list of all the ingredients organized by product. For each ingredient I listed just one or two of the many benefits it provides for your skin. I concentrated on the types of benefits I am looking for to treat the issues I experience right now.
Amazonian Super C Repair Balm Ingredients
- Myrciaria Dubia (Camu Camu) Fruit Extract*
- High in vitamin C and a powerful antioxident.
- Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Fruit Extract*
- Antioxidents help repair skin damage. Promotes moisture retention.
- Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter
- Rich in vitamin A which helps restore elasticity.
- Cera Alba*
- Humectant qualities to help hold in moisture without clogging pores.
- Virola Surinamensis (Ucuuba) Seed Butter
- Rich in myristic acid. Provides hydration with rapid absorption.
- Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter
- High in Vitamin A & C. Improves elasticity & firmness.
- Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil*
- Anti-inflamatory, rich in antioxidants and vitamin E. Its phytosteros provide collagen protection.
- Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Seed Oil
- High in vitamin E & oleic acid - antioxident, locks in moisture.
- Retains moisture, keeps environmental elements out.
- Plukenetia Volubilis (Sacha Inchi) Seed Oil*
- Helps repair natural skin barrier so it holds moisture better.
- Organic Passionfruit Type Flavor Oil*
- Vitamins B2, B6, A, and C. Moisturizes and protects against damage.
* = Certified organic ingredientLink to buy
Persian Renew Eye Cream Ingredients
- Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Extract*
- Fatty acids and vitamin A moisturize and promote skin regeneration.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*
- Rich source of antioxidants and vitamins. Hydrates, protects, an anti-inflamatory.
- Crocus Sativus (Saffron) Flower Extract
- High in vitamin C - helps increase brightness, lifting and firming.
- Camellia Sinensis (Black Tea) Leaf Extract
- Reduces puffiness. Antioxidents & polyphenols protect against wrinkle formation.
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract
- Hydrates and conditions.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*
- Promotes skin regeneration, moisturizes, calms, and soothes.
- Moisturizes by drawing water from the air.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides
- Adds a light, non-greasy sheen, boosts antioxidents
- Tapioca Starch*
- A product thickner.
- Stearic Acid, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate
- An emulsifier - prevents the separation of ingredients
- Cera Alba*
- Helps hold in moisture without blocking pores.
- Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil*
- Anti-inflamatory, hydrates.
- Stimulates skin to produce more collagen, elastin, & hyaluronic acid.
- Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil*
- Stimulates creation of keratinocytes (large skin cells in outer layers), which helps reverse skin damage.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Replenish moisture.
- Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil*
- High in vitamin A & C. Reduces puffiness.
- Rosa Damascena Flower Water*
- Antibacterial properties, helps balance skin.
- Xanthan Gum, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*
- Rich in anti-oxidants, emollients, vitamins A & E.
- Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil*
- Very emollient and nourishing. Strong antioxidant. High in vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Flower Oil
- Antioxident. Anti-inflammatory. Reduces puffiness.
* = Certified organic ingredient
I hope this information was helpful to you. As always please DM me on Instagram or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback or questions. I would love to hear from you.
**Honest reviews given in exchange for free products